PhotographyWedding

Our Wedding Photos are SOOOOO Boring…

…are definitely not words that you will ever hear come out of my mouth. For as much heartache (and toe ache) that we went through the weeks, days and even minutes before – we took all that negative energy and poured as much positivity and fun into our wedding ceremony and the ensuing photos.

I am so happy that our fantastic photographers (and friends) Tran and Kristina of KTPhotography were able to capture all the crazy ideas I kept throwing at them, and all of the amazing moments I didn’t.

While the wedding mishaps will slowly fade, we will always be able to smile at and enjoy these. I hope you do too!

The Ceremony

BJL_8803

I get stage fright. I cry at weddings. I cry at TV commercials. In an effort to help me get through my vows without being a sobbing mess, we asked our guests to wear mustaches and aviator sunglasses. It totally worked. Well kinda. But it certainly did make me smile (and that’s all that really matters, right?)

mustaches and aviators

BJL_8917

Wait. Is that the Groom wiping a tear from his eye!??!

groom cries at wedding

Ok, so the ring was a bit tight and I might have licked his finger to get it on.

wedding ring too tight

The Bride and Groom

BJL_8912

i do me too stickers

parasol sunset

Spiderman kiss?

wedding spiderman kiss

Where’s Waldo was our photobomber and we loved him! (Thanks, Jake!!)

where's waldo wedding

BJL_9314 - Version 2 (1)

Some wedding heel clicks…

wedding heel clicks

BJL_9263

groom jumps over bride

wedding dip where's waldo

parasol wedding kiss

No peeking!

wedding kiss with kids covering eyes

BJL_9023

The Bridal Party

wedding parasol throw

bride jumps with bridesmaids

I had to decline an invitation to the Red Carpet Premiere of Thor: Dark World because I was on a plane headed to the Dominican Republic for my wedding. So in honor of Thor, we took this fun picture!

thor punch wedding photo

parasols and fans

A spoof on the Bridesmaids Movie poster – did we nail it?

bridesmaids spoof

I love this one. I photoshopped in the Giant Octopus.

giant octopus wedding picture

groomsmen and parasols

This one reminds me of a bunch of 3 year olds. No one is looking at the camera and shenanigans abound.

goofy groomsmen

Everyone!

heart shaped wedding photo guests

Jeana S

Jeana S

Research lab rat turned travel mom, Jeana S writes about gadgets, tech, entertainment, weddings and of course, travel. When she's not using her powers for social good, she enjoys photography, cooking and playing robots with her son. On occasion, you may also find her crocheting cute things to hide in Ben's underwear drawer.

Tres Hombres Margarita Recipe

hAppy Friday: DIY Valentine's Day Cards

1. Carly
    August 18, 2014 at 9:25 am — Reply

Amazing, thank you so much. :) Where did you get the vest and pants for your husband?

2. Carly Wanless
    April 20, 2014 at 2:18 pm — Reply

I absolutely love your wedding pictures! Where did you purchase the outfits for the groom and the groomsmen? I would be so appreciative if you could let me know as I really like the colour and style. THANKS so much. This is a great site!

3. Jenna Dobkin
    January 30, 2014 at 11:16 am — Reply

Your wedding photos are FANTASTIC!

Really love the creativity you poured into them =)

4. January 29, 2014 at 11:38 am — Reply

Your wedding photos make me want to go back and re-do ours. Ours are BORING!!! I love yours and really enjoyed looking at them. I guess if you had to miss Thor’s Red Carpet event, this was a good reason. :) Congrats to you both!

5. January 29, 2014 at 9:23 am — Reply

You got some amazing photos of your wedding day. I love your dress. You look beautiful and definitely far from boring. :)

• January 29, 2014 at 9:50 am — Reply

Thanks Stefani, you’re so sweet!

6. January 27, 2014 at 8:58 pm — Reply

Your wedding pictures are the furthest thing from boring :) I caught a lot of them on Facebook as your wedding was happening, and I loved how fun you made them!

7. January 27, 2014 at 11:52 am — Reply

Congratulations on your marriage! Your wedding was beautiful and I love the unique touches – especially that you had the guests wear mustaches and aviator sunglasses – so cute!

8. January 27, 2014 at 11:24 am — Reply

Your wedding photos are so great Jeana! I am so excited about my wedding next February! Hope I look as gorgeous as you did! :)

• January 27, 2014 at 12:08 pm — Reply

Congrats Shannon. You will be beautiful! We considered a cruise ship wedding too – can’t wait to hear about and see yours!

9. Jamie
    January 27, 2014 at 7:41 am — Reply

You’re right those are boring;) No really…love them! The one where you and the bridal party are throwing the umbrella up is one of my favorites! I wish I would have thought of this for our wedding, so cute!

• January 27, 2014 at 9:50 am — Reply

haha Jamie. That one was actually such a #fail. Didn’t really think about how hard it is to try to throw an open umbrella – doesn’t really work! LOL

10. January 27, 2014 at 6:01 am — Reply

These pictures are amazing! That first one and the waldo in the background crack me up. definitely the best wedding photos I’ve EVER seen.

11. January 25, 2014 at 8:01 pm — Reply

Your pictures are AMAZING!!! I’m loving so many of them! “I do” feet are so cute and loving waldo!

12. January 25, 2014 at 7:02 pm — Reply

Oh my gosh! I have been looking for that Waldo dude for YEARS!! I am so glad that someone finally found him!

Seriously, though, your wedding pics are awesome! I wish you many years of wedded bliss!

13. January 25, 2014 at 6:24 pm — Reply

I LOVE these pictures! I wish we would have done more fun ones!

14. January 25, 2014 at 1:19 pm — Reply

Those are some of the most fun photos I’ve seen. Waldo is especially impressive!

15. January 25, 2014 at 9:14 am — Reply

I absolutely love these wedding pictures! What great ideas and a fun way to remember your big day! There are so many great ideas that I don’t even know what to say. Thank you for sharing this!

16. January 25, 2014 at 8:08 am — Reply

I love your wedding photos! They are all so cute and it looks like you had a blast on a day that is usually so stressful. Congrats on your wedding, looking forward to reading more of your blog!

17. January 25, 2014 at 8:00 am — Reply

These are amazing! You guys look giddy in every photo. Along with the fun ones, you also have some beautiful, sweet ones to cherish. Outstanding photographer you found.

18. January 25, 2014 at 5:27 am — Reply

Wedding photos are about capturing the fun and memories. Your def did that with your. Such a fun wedding

19. January 25, 2014 at 12:27 am — Reply

You guys are RIDICULOUS! I mean that in a good way too!

• January 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm — Reply

lol – Liz! Wish you could have been there!

20. January 24, 2014 at 9:58 pm — Reply

These are priceless and hands down the best wedding photos I’ve ever seen! Now that is a wedding I’d love to go to. I can tell every single person had a great time. Fun, playful and you looked beautiful in every photo!

• January 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm — Reply

Thanks Mina – you’re too sweet.

21. January 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm — Reply

love where’s waldo! h e’s all over the place!! beautiful wedding, congrats again

22. January 24, 2014 at 6:27 pm — Reply

Where’s Waldo is my favorite part. How FUN that you had so much fun with your wedding photos?? I wish we had been half this creative with ours.

• January 25, 2014 at 2:26 pm — Reply

I was at her wedding and even I was like, why is Waldo here? LOL! It was so funny!

23. January 24, 2014 at 3:59 pm — Reply

What fun wedding photos. I absolutely adore the Waldo photobomber!

24. January 24, 2014 at 3:05 pm — Reply

You had SUCH an amazing wedding. BEST one I’ve ever been to. XOXO

25. January 24, 2014 at 1:47 pm — Reply

Very fun! I LOVE the rings picture… and the giant octopus… :)

26. January 24, 2014 at 12:43 pm — Reply

I didn’t realize you were getting married! Congrats. I LOVE those pictures but I do have one comment….where’s Waldo in that last picture? ;)

27. January 24, 2014 at 12:37 pm — Reply

Those are definitely some of the most fun wedding photos I have ever seen!

28. January 24, 2014 at 12:22 pm — Reply

I am so loving these pictures my fav….the one with the octopus in the background so fun and wheres waldo again lol

29. January 24, 2014 at 12:19 pm — Reply

OMG -you see how excited I was to post this comment that I accidentally commented with only that before finishing LOL oops Anyways- I have never seen such awesome wedding photos before. I absolutely love everything about what you guys did. My favorite photo is the one where you guys have the little gemmed “I Do” and “Me Too” stickies on your feet. How sweet. Thanks for sharing your special day :)

30. January 24, 2014 at 12:17 pm — Reply

OMG

31. January 24, 2014 at 11:58 am — Reply

The where’s Waldo is the BEST! I want to try to have him make an appearance at my next big event now. How fun and creative.

32. Heather Garcia
    January 23, 2014 at 9:26 pm — Reply

What fun memories. Your pictures are amazing and you looked stunning. Best wishes for many years of fun memories.

• January 23, 2014 at 10:22 pm — Reply

33. January 23, 2014 at 12:07 pm — Reply

I just cried a little looking at the photos! Thank you so much for inviting us to your wedding, it was lovely! :)

• January 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm — Reply

Aw – no, thank YOU and Chris for coming. It meant so much to us that you took the time and expense to be there with us :) I think we need to start taking vacations together!! We need to look up that cruise where you take your motorcycle on board with you! (I saw hundreds of them get off a ship in Bermuda – it was AWESOME!)

34. January 23, 2014 at 11:17 am — Reply

So stunning, what a fun adventure!