We haven’t done “Elf on the Shelf” yet but I think we may have to start this year.
Not only is it a great way to get the kids to behave (you know he is reporting back to Santa) but it’s also a great way to make fantastic memories.
It reminds us what’s really important during the holidays – making time for each other, giving smiles and making memories.
It’s also a fun way for adults to act like kids again.
Elf on the Shelf Inspiration
What better way to spend a few minutes each evening than conspiring a night of adventure for your Elf on the Shelf?
If you want help with daily ideas and getting your child to engage with the Elf (without touching!), try our Elf on the Shelf ideas printables.
What are some of your Elf on the Shelf traditions? What are your favorite easy Elf on the Shelf ideas? Has your elf ever had a wild adventure – let us know!
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.” – Buddy the Elf
This is a super cute picture idea. Purchase a picture book (you can get them at the dollar store) and place your elf’s picture in it!
I heard that someone got caught in the candy dish! They must have been trying to sneak a treat.
People who don’t have fun with others obviously aren’t the best people to hang out with. That’s why you should invite some friends over and play board games!
This is a classic, but it’s still fun! Make a snow angel in flour, sugar or artificial snow.
Do you like to play Yahtzee? I’m not sure if I know how to play that game myself. How about we try making a snow angel instead?
Ahhh a bubbly bath in marshmallows. Maybe they need some graham crackers and chocolate too?
Who sung it better, the Elf on the Shelf or Elvis?
Special Delivery from Santa!
Well… everyone has to go, right?
15 More Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Leave your children notes praising good behavior.
- Wrap up a few inexpensive gifts (like books!) to give the kids early.
- Create SUPER ELF! with a mask and cape out of paper/felt/cloth.
- Build an elf sized fort with pillow cases.
- Have a Tea Party with Stuffed Animals.
- Watch a Movie on the iPad
- Put bubbles in the bath tub before bath time.
- Ride around on the dog using his collar.
- Get caught with the tooth paste.
- Eating the kids breakfast.
- Make popcorn garland for the tree.
- Get caught reading!
- Taking off in barbies car.
- Replace stockings with dirty socks or underroos.
- Hanging candy canes on the tree.
For more fun Elf on the Shelf ideas – also check out our favorite Elf on the Shelf photos.