I’ve been looking forward to the 4th of July since February and it’s finally here! Most years we spend the fourth at our families cabin on a lake in the Upper Peninsula. This year my sister is getting married on the 5th so our celebrations will be closer to home. I’ll miss our little lake cottage but it will be fun to take in the parade this year and to spend the day barbecuing!
Speaking of BBQ, there cant be a celebration without dessert. These scrumptious recipes add a fun splash of Red, White and Blue to your Fourth of July dessert table. The best part about all of these desserts is that most, if not all ingredients, can be assembled ahead of time. Which means you can spend more time with family and less time in the kitchen.
Nine 4th of July Dessert Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Patriotic Fruit Salad – There is more than meets the eye with this yummy recipe!
- 4th of July Jello Trifle – I love the gorgeous presentation of this trifle and it’s easy to make too.
- Firecracker Fruit Pops – This recipe is created with real fruit and packed with protein, fiber and calcium.
- Festive Patriotic Trifle – I love that these are individual serving sizes.
- Tie-Dye Cupcakes – How adorable are these – and tie-dye is so easy to achieve.
- Red, White and Blue Whoopie Pies – Krystle describes these as “mini delicious cakes with a pillowy soft marshmallow frosting.”
- Fresh Fruit and Sweet Creme Pops – This dessert is a great way to cool off.
- Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Pops – I know some kids who would love these.
- No Bake Blueberry Cheese Cake – The individual servings are great for parties and clean up is a breeze!