Suns out, BBQ’s out! Or something like that. The weekend is coming up (does it even matter what day it is nowadays?! lol), do you already have your BBQ menu planned? If not, you know you definitely have to do ribs, right? Of course, my ribs of choice are my own Korean BBQ Short Ribs, but here are more 6 yummy more traditional style recipes to choose from.
- Calabrian Style Pork Ribs – Calabrians preserve many of their vegetables in oil to be used throughout the year, and this recipe uses some of those vegetables preserved in oil in a tasty sauce for spare ribs.
- Slow Cooker Ribs – Perfect for those days you just don’t want to be inside! Throw these in the slow cooker and fogetta ’bout it!
- Baked Apple BBQ Pork Ribs – In addition to the great recipe, they provide the “3 Laws of Ribotics” which cover everything from smothered sauces to eating utensils.
- Irish BBQ Pork Ribs – Stout is the centerpiece of the marinade for these ribs, a simple and hearty bbq glaze.
- Roast BBQ Pork Ribs – These look like they can be ate right off the bone, amazing!
- Brazilian Style Pork Ribs – The homemade sauce is rich in spices and the recipe really doesn’t take that long.
Tips for Grilling Ribs
[list_item icon=”typicons-ok-outline”]The #1 trick to learn is 2-zone and indirect cooking methods.[/list_item]
[list_item icon=”typicons-ok-outline”]My FAVORITE ribs are the ones seasoned so perfectly that they don’t need sauce. Remember, dry rubs should be sprinkled onto, not massaged into, meat.[/list_item]
[list_item icon=”typicons-ok-outline”]If possible, use a rib grilling rack while cooking so that the dripping fat acts as a baste![/list_item]
[list_item icon=”typicons-ok-outline”]Add flavor and moistness by spraying the ribs with apple cider.[/list_item]
[list_item icon=”typicons-ok-outline”]Never EVER boil your ribs prior to grilling. Boiling denatures the flavor and texture, as does baking and braising before grilling. You can achieve the requisite tenderness by indirect grilling or smoking. (See #1 above!)[/list_item]
14 thoughts on “6 Finger Lickin’ Good BBQ Pork Rib Recipes + 5 Tips for Grilling Ribs”
Oh my gosh! These are definitely finger lickin! We LOVE bbq at our house. So this is perfect!
Wow…these all look so good. Now, I want to have ribs for dinner.
These look soooo good. Definitely ideas for the weekend BBQ~
What a great round-up. My husband wants to make more ribs, so this is perfect.