Thanks to KAYAK for partnering on this post.
How do you plan a killer bachelorette party? It isn’t as easy as I thought it would be. One of my best friends from childhood is getting married, and she wants a trip rather than a “traditional” party…No bar crawls or ahem…entertainment. She wants us to go on a long weekend getaway preferably on the beach. With this in mind, she sent her bridesmaids on a mission to come up with some great ideas and come back for a brainstorming session where we will vote for our favorite.
I really wanted to WOW the bride-to-be with a good idea, a well thought out plan not just a half-hearted suggestion tossed out there. Full disclosure – I also want to plan something I would really enjoy too since it is a vacation, after all. While searching for vacation inspiration, I found KAYAK’s 2016 Summer Travel Hacker Guide was all I needed to plan an awesome beach getaway.
The guide features a Summer Fridays list with some of the top vacation spots for a long weekend trip, which KAYAK pulled by looking within its one billion annual searches. Right at my fingertips, I had the top ten weekend beach destinations each with helpful tips to navigate the many adventure ideas as well as the average temperature and rainfall (how helpful is that?!).
I even found median airfare and hotel rates so I can print and share with the other bridesmaids in hopes of avoiding the collective groan of, “How much will this cost me?”
As number six on the 2016 Summer Travel Hacker Guide’s Summer Fridays list, I immediately knew Myrtle Beach would be a great spot for the bride-to-be’s last vacation as a single lady, and in the way she wants. There are 60 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Coast and so many daily adventures it was hard to narrow it down. Somehow, I managed to come up with a handful of awesome ideas, and I created a whole layout of the trip with the Trips tool from KAYAK.
As a hotel option, I chose the North Beach Plantation where we can enjoy ocean views, swim up bars, indoor/outdoor pools, and a fabulous spa with an outdoor Garden Spa Sanctuary. If we can pull ourselves away from the swim up bar there are also pilates classes. When booking we have the option to choose from a high rise room in the tower or one of the many villas or condos depending on how many ladies will be joining the party. While North Beach Plantation has plenty of luxurious amenities, I also picked a variety of daily outings to keep us going all day and night.
- We can get an aerial glimpse of the coast with Helicopter Adventures which has rides starting at $20! It is a great way to see the city and catch breathtaking views of the ocean and attractions below.
- If the beaches are too crowded or we need to recover from a bad sunburn (I always do) we can experience some wildlife with Myrtle Beach Safari. There is a guided tour on 50 acres of preserve. In the bush, we will be able to see tigers, wolves, leopards, chimpanzees, and many more endangered species.
- For those not afraid of heights, we will try ziplining at Myrtle Beach Zipline Adventure! I can’t wait to zoom over the sandy beaches at heart pounding heights!
- Strolling the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade is also on the list where we can take a spin on the Ferris wheel, check out the haunted houses, play in the arcade or do a little shopping. There are also concerts on the boardwalk.
- We have to spend an evening at Broadway at the Beach to watch Legends in Concert where performers put on the very best tribute shows. Hello Elvis! There are also musicals and new Hollywood films in the state of the art theaters. There is even a fireworks schedule!
- One of my favorite parts of travel is the food! In Myrtle Beach there are over 1,650 full service restaurants! I chose a couple top restaurants to try great eats featuring fresh seafood at places like Mr. Fish and something off the beaten path at Art Burgers Sushi for a unique blend of tastes and a liquid nitrogen bar.
I don’t want to brag, but I am pretty sure I will have the best idea presentation.The Trips tool from KAYAK is like my own trip assistant which made it easy to manage an epic Beach Bachelorette Party! I could even store any confirmation numbers and receive travel notifications about flights. If the ladies vote for my beach getaway, I can share the itinerary and even allow others to make edits or suggestions so it can be a collaborative effort.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KAYAK. The opinions and text are all mine.