What is one of the best words in the English language…? Free! Right? Now what other word is just as good to hear? Vacation!
This summer the British Virgin Islands Tourist Board is combining those two wonderful words. They are currently offering potential visitors countless packages with perks that include free nights, rentals, and excursions, throughout the 60 islands.
With the recent addition of direct flights through Cape Air and Seaborne Airlines, you can easily book your trip through jetblue.com or delta.com and plan a quick weekend getaway or a much longer, much needed vacation.
This summer is particularly exciting as it marks the 60th Anniversary of the Emancipation of the British Virgin Islands. This year there will be parades and festivals to mark the amazing event.
Traditional dancing, exotic costumes, and cultural splendor will proudly be on display and allow visitors to experience the wonder of the Islands.
The islands also have over 21 National parks to visit each full with their own individual principals of island culture.
Visit the tropical forests and bird sanctuaries and soak in the natural beauty and history of the British Virgin Islands.
Things to Do in the British Virgin Islands
Whether you are looking for a family vacation or a romantic getaway there are activities for all age groups.
You can hike and snorkel in between the hours of explorations and white sand beaches that look like they belong on a postcard.
There are also canopy tours to see the lush forests and greenery with a ride similar to a zip line.
If you are squeamish about a zip line, this is perfect canopy tour for you. Designed for a broader range of ages, this canopy tour offers a much safer and quieter ride but still provides a bird’s eye view of the world below.
You won’t believe your eyes as you move over treetops, tropical birds, and catch sight of the crystal waters surrounding you.
For the adventurous at heart there are opportunities to dive, kiteboard, and windsurf. And if you get restless, you can even charter a yacht and take advantage of the easy island-hopping opportunites.
Enjoy local cuisine and a breathtaking view at Top of the Baths. This restaurant sits above The Baths which is world renowned beach on Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands and it serves the local fungi dish fresh from the sea.
For an evening out visit The Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke Island and try the signature drink of the Islands – The Painkiller.
BVI Vacation Packages for Couples
- Necker Island – During the multiple celebrations weeks couples and singles can book rooms and enjoy all inclusive meals and select activities experiencing the taste of Island life.
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay – Stay four nights and receive a fifth night free! While this offer does exclude the beach houses, if you stay five nights you receive a sixth and seventh night free at the Deluxe Cottage, Beach Front Cottage, or Rosewood Junior suite or villa.
- Peter Island Resort and Spa – Book your vacay during the summer and receive 35% off Beach front Junior Suites, Nightly Villa Rates, and Ocean View Rooms. If you book an Ocean View Room you also get a $500 resort credit.
British Virgin Islands Resorts
Taking a vacation to BVI has long been thought something only the wealthy could afford, but this isn’t true. There are all types of lodging and hotels that will suit every budget – not just the luxury travel crowd.
Family Friendly Resorts in the British Virgin Islands
The British Virgin Islands offer discounted rates on select bookings and activities for the whole family. Enjoy the perks of the following:
- Bitter End Yacht Club – 20% off Standard Beachfront Cottages and much more
- Fort Burt Hotel – Pay for five nights, get the sixth free. Stay three days and get a free excursion.
- Fort Recovery Beachfront Villa & Suites Hotel – Stay seven nights and get a free trip to select islands with dinner included
- Long Bay Beach Club – Book a beachfront cabana and get an automatic upgrade to Beachfront Deluxe
- Myett’s Cane Garden Bay – Stay three nights get the fourth free
- Sea View Hotel – Get a fifth night at 50% off or stay six and get the seventh free
- Sugar Mill Hotel – Book four nights and get three free days of a vehicle rental
BVI Resorts that are Perfect for Large Groups
Get the whole extended family together or plan a great girl’s weekend and enjoy discounts on villas.
- A Dream Come True Villa Estate – Enjoy a free seventh night and three course welcome dinner and breakfast on your first day
- Greenbank Estate Villas – Get a seventh night free in any one of the villas
- Indigo House on the Beach – Book three nights and get the fourth free
BVI Charter Yachts
If the open sea is what you crave take advantage of the many offers on yachts and water sports.
- BVI Yacht Characters – Pay for seven nights and get three complimentary days
- Cuan Law – Children under 18 receive 50% off food, beverages, water sports equipment, and activities
- Horizon Yacht Charters – ten nights for the price of seven
- Virgin Traders – pay for seven nights and get up to more free
Visit the British Virgin Islands for more info and great deals to make this the best vacation yet.