Garlic Lovers Fish and Chips Recipe with Lemon Aioli

Welcome to week 3 of our Sam’s Club Seafood series! Last week I made Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Artichoke Garlic Butter Sauce and it was the first time I had ever eaten Tilapia and the sauce/topping was a huge hit with my family. (TIP: We had garlic mashed potatoes with our dinner that night. Try mixing leftover sauce/topping in with mashed potatoes – it was heaven!!) I still had half the bag of Tilapia left and ended up making fish tacos with it last night. I love that it was an easy, goto meal that didn’t require much work.

This post is written on behalf of Lunchbox by me. All opinions remain my own.

As a reminder, Sam’s Club is helping families across America add more seafood to their dinnertime menus with seven weeks of easy meal solutions.

Sam’s Club® Seafood to Savor
Sample delicious seafood at Sam’s Club® every weekend from February 27 – April 11. Just look for the demo cart in your local Sam’s Club freezer section and grab your sample! Along with tasty bites of the featured recipe, demo associates will be handing out a recipe guide with complete instructions on how to make them.

The Seafood recipes will range from classics like Fish & Chips to soon to be family favorites like Italian swai and Parmesan tilapia. All the recipes are easy to prepare any day of the week. A full schedule of events is below.

Sam’s Club® Seafood to Savor
This week’s demo will be Fish n’ Chips featuring Sea Cuisine® Beer Battered Cod Fillets with Ore-Ida® Tater Tots or Ore-Ida Golden Crinkles®.

Week 3 - Fish n’ Chips
Week 3 - Fish n’ Chips
One of the reasons I really wanted to participate in this series is that I have never tried or made many of the meals. I always love discovering new things for my family to enjoy and this week is no exception. Ben likes Fish and Chips, but their “blah” factor has never appealed to me. If you haven’t noticed yet, I like flavor and spice! So my twist on the Fish n’ Chips classic is to incorporate one of my favorite and most used ingredients – garlic, and LOTS of it!

garlic lovers fish and chips recipe

Prepare Sea Cuisine® Beer Battered Cod Fillets as directed on package. (You can actually cook them at the same time as the fries if you choose to bake them) While those are baking, prepare the following:

Basil Garlic Fries

2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh basil, minced
pinch black pepper
pinch salt

Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
Toss mixture with cooked french fries in a large bowl and add salt, if desired.

Lemon Garlic Aioli

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
salt
pepper

Mix all ingredients and chill before serving.

Remember to stop by next week to see my special twist on Stuffed Tilapia week!

This post is written on behalf of Lunchbox by me. All opinions remain my own.

43 thoughts on “Garlic Lovers Fish and Chips Recipe with Lemon Aioli”

1. I’m actually not much of a fan of seafood. We are trying new seafood dishes at home for kids sake though! My girls would love these!

2. I absolutely love tilapia, it’s my favorite fish. I have tried it from Sam’s Club before and its so easy to make. I will have to pin this recipe and try it out, we use garlic in a lot of things (including green beans – my favorite) so I bet this recipe would be a hit with my family!

3. We have a Sam’s Club that opened up in a town near us and we’ve been on a major fish kick lately (Lent lo). We’ll have to see about getting a membership because I bet they have great prices on the fish.

4. We love having seafood at dinner, but it seems that so many recipes for it are so involved or call for many ingredients. I love the idea of grabbing something from Sams and adding to it!

5. THese dressings sound delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with us, we can’t get enough of seafood in our house

6. ummmm, those look delish!! I could absolutely eat those and more. I especially like the tilapia. Fish is my favorite meal and hubby can really cook it. Thanks for this – we go to Sam’s all the time.

7. We spend a good portion of grocery shopping at Sam’s and I love the variety. We haven’t bought taters in years but those Beer Battered Cod Fillets look good. I’ll check ’em out next time I’m at the club.

8. I’ve found so many great foods and recipes by sampling foods at Sams on Sundays. I love it! The fish and chips looks yummy!

9. I’ve seen aoli a lot and need to make some for any reason. I love beer battered fish so maybe I should make it to go with that. We’ve not had beer battered fish in a while.

10. I love fish and since I’m allergic to shelled fish, it’s always just plain old fish for me. I love trying different varieties, and you CANNOT go wrong with a good fish n’ chips plate. YUM!

11. Yum. I love flavored Mayo. I will have to keep these in mind for lent dinners. Also I caught a glimpse of fozzie cookies while I was scrolling down? OMG im making those!

12. Fish and Chips is by far one of my favorite things to eat on the planet. I have never made them at home, but this looks easy and I could have it anytime I want. :)

13. My family has been trying to add more seafood to our diet. We’ve been experimenting with different types of fish. Some we like and some we don’t but it’s fun to try different things.

14. I can’t do fish, but my husband and boys love it! Next time they are in the mood for some I’ll have to come back here; that Lemon Garlic Aioli sounds amazing!!!

• The Aioli is a variation of the one I make for our BBQ Roasted Artichokes – just replace the lemon with lime. It’s SOOOOO good!

15. tilapia is one of my family’s favorite fishes!! easy to prepare and it’s pretty happy to go with just about anything else food wise.

16. Brilliant time of year for Sam’s Club to focus on seafood. Lent!! Happy to find some great recipes to enjoy all of this seafood!!

17. I love this seven-week seafood plan. Yum, yum! I’m always looking for new ways to cook seafood.

18. Love Sam’s and the awesome samples they provide! May have to go for these fish and chips… What I have found out tho is that when I sample them at Sams.. I buy them but they don’t taste as good as when I make them.. Sigh.

19. Those basil garlic fries sound SO good. I wish I had a Sams Club closer to me, but the closest is like 45 minutes away.