This post brought to you by Purina®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Surf and Sunshine.
Most pet owners can agree, their pet is considered a part of the family. They are given a name and adopted into the fold, complete with baby talk and even presents at Christmas, right? Our furry friends provide us with so much affection and entertainment that it’s only natural to want the best for them, just as you would your own sibling or child.
Our son Whistler calls his cat Roxy his sister. And he means it. She follows him around, they wrestle and play fetch together, she cries and waits for him when he goes to school, and she goes to bed with him every night.
I recently came across an article by Purina® that gave some reasons of why having a pet cat might be good for children.
- When kids imagine how a cat feels, it can help them learn to empathize with their peers and take their feelings into account.
- Teaching children to confide in their cats as if they were friends can help children recover from trauma.
- Children who own cats may have higher self-esteem.
- Teaching kids to care for a cat can make them more cooperative and willing to share.
- Children who grow up with a cat are less likely to develop allergies.
- Kids who own cats may take fewer sick days.
I totally agree! And because I do, I wanted to take the Sam’s Club Purina® Paws 4 Life Pledge. And you can too because a happy pet is a healthy pet.
I pledge to live a healthier lifestyle along with my pet. We are starting this journey together, and you can too! http://t.co/kr80OB8uyK
— Jeana (@SurfnSunshine) October 17, 2014
17 thoughts on “Love your pet? Then make the Paws for Life Pledge!”
I pledge to love, and nurture, and make sure he has everything that he needs to live a healthy happy life.
This is such a great company! Love this campaign.