The Commonwealth of Bahamas (or the Bahamas) consists of 29 islands just 55 miles off the Florida coast. It’s year round daily average temperature of 70-80 degrees, white sandy beaches on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, and easy accessibility are a huge draw for Brides-to-be. Now February offers one more reason for couples seeking wedded bliss to say “I Do” in the Bahamas. The award-winning Grand Lucayan, Bahamas is offering Brides- and Grooms-to-be the opportunity to exchange vows during the most romantic month of the year.
Couples who book a Romance With Elegance wedding package or a package of greater value at Grand Lucayan during the month of February 2014 (to tie the knot in February 2015) will receive 10 percent off of catering costs and complimentary two nights’ room accommodations at the resort for their first anniversary* getaway in 2016.
In addition to a romantic first anniversary escape and the significant catering discount, couples who book this offer will also receive a dedicated wedding planner and reserved wedding site on the picturesque gazebo or beach. Wedding packages may also include:
- In-room honeymoon breakfast and bottle of champagne
- Grand Lucayan Signature bridal bouquet
- Grand Lucayan Signature groom’s boutonniere
- Two-tiered wedding cake
- Couple’s massage
- Photographer for one hour
- 24 photo prints
- Ceremony seating and signing table with chairs
- Transportation to Registrar’s Office
- Marriage officer
- Legal documents
Entertain Your Guests
One of the best things about getting married at the Grand Lucayan is that your guests can have an amazing time before and after your wedding – without any work by you! The Grand Lucayan offers a host of entertainment options including:
- Numerous restaurants
- Three swimming pools
- Four Tennis Courts
- A 25,000 square-foot Senses Spa & Fitness Center
- 18-hole championship golf course – The Reef Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.
- Las Vegas-style casino
- Visit Fortune Beach, where treasure hunters recently found a $2 million dollar shipwreck
- Lazy afternoon swims in 80degree waters
- Kayaking through the mangroves of Gold Rock Beach
- Scuba diving
- The island’s legendary shark-feeding tours
Enjoy Your Stay
Grand Lucayan offers Island View, Ocean View and Marina View Rooms. Each of these rooms consist of 400sq feet of floor space and a balcony or patio. Their Ocean View, One-Bedroom Suites offer 800 square feet of floor space and a double balcony.Finally, there Ocean-Front Lanai Suites consist of one bedroom and Sitting room with sofa sleeper and chair with ottoman on 900 square feet of floor space and a double balcony. All rooms offer 24hr room service, bedding and bath amenities, coffee maker, hair dryer, TV, WiFi and more!
By Air or By Sea
According to the United States Department of State, US citizens do not need a passport to fly to the Bahamas. Instead, traveleres only need to present a birth certificate and government-issued photo id.
Grand Bahama Island International Airport is only 20 minutes from the Grand Lucayan. Flights to and from Grand Bahama island are available on American Eagle, United Airlines, Silver Airways, US Airways, WestJet. Gateway cities include: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, London, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, and Toronto.
One of the best perks of getting married in the Bahamas, especially the Grand Lucayan, is that you (and your guest) can book a four day cruise and stay together. Two cruise lines offer scheduled trips to and from Grand Bahama Island: Bahamas Celebration sailing round-trip from Palm Beach, Florida and Balearia Bahamas Express sailing round-trip from Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The Bahamas has the one of the easiest applications for marriage abroad that I’ve seen.
- The couple must be in The Islands Of The Bahamas at the time of application for the marriage license.
- They must have been in the Bahamas for at least 24hours. (If you arrive via cruise ship, you’ll be required to obtain a letter from the ship’s purser confirming that you have met the residency period by being in Bahamian waters for 24 hours.)
- Couples may apply a day after their arrival and can be married once they receive their approved license the day after application. THIS MEANS YOU WILL NEED TO ARRIVE 2 DAYS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING DATE.
- Both parties must produce a valid passport, birth certificate and photo ID. The parties must also produce evidence of the date of their arrival in The Bahamas. The Bahamas Immigration Card or entry stamp in your passport will suffice.
- You will need 2 witnesses, who are at least 18 years old to sign your marriage license. (Witnesses can be provided)
- Apostille. Many countries now require that official documents, such as international marriage certificates, be certified by the issuing country. In The Bahamas, this means that an Apostille (a special seal) is applied by the relevant authority to certify that a document is a true copy of an original. The Apostille can be made available to you within 30 days of the request. Your Wedding Planner or Marriage Officer will assist you in this regard.
- The fee for a marriage license is $120 inclusive of one certified copy of a marriage certificate.
- Extra marriage certificates are available at $20 each.
- Apostilles are $10 each.
Marriage licenses and certificates are issued at the office of the Registrar General in Nassau.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Address: P.O. Box N-532 Nassau, The Bahamas
Phone: (242) 323-0594, (242) 323-0595, (242) 323-0597
Fax: (242) 322-5553, (242) 393-7908
6 thoughts on “Destination Wedding Guide: Grand Lucayan, Bahamas”
What a beautiful place to get married. Sounds like a wonderful place with so many things to do.
Oh that looks like such a treat. What I wouldn’t do for a vacation right now!
We love finding new locations to feature on our Where to Wed Pinterest board for destination weddings. What a beautiful location!
I wanted a destination wedding so much, however having our families be there was more important and they couldn’t make the destination. So we are planning a local wedding and already decided we will renew our vowels at 5 or 10 years at our dream destination. This place looks beautiful, maybe for a honeymoon!
This sounds like a dream wedding! Oh how I wish we had done something like this. Maybe for our anniversary!