HalloweenPetsRecipes

10 Awesome DIY Halloween Dog Treats You Can Make Yourself

It’s October already and the smell of pumpkin spice is everywhere. Spooky costumes are popping up in stores and those gigantic bags of candy line the shelves. But Halloween doesn’t mean only the kiddos get candy. Your pets want to celebrate Halloween too, so try out some of these awesome Halloween dog treats you can make for your fur baby and their friends.

DIY Halloween Dog Treats

Don’t forget to check out our list of hilarious Halloween costumes for pets too!

awesome halloween costumes for pets

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit Vintage Kitty

Try these gluten free Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats from Vintage Kitty

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit 12 Tomatoes

Your doggy will gobble up these Candy Corn Dog Treats from 12 Tomatoes.

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit Aimee Broussard

Dip some dog biscuits in melted carob ships and decorate them for Halloween with this recipe from Aimee Broussard

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit Barking Botanicals

Your dog will love these Halloween Frozen Pumpkin Dog Treats from Barking Botanicals

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit The Cottage Market

Dogs LOVE Pumpkin and when you add peanut butter and then a ice it with yogurt swirls, The Cottage Market promises that her homemade Mummy Bones is a treat they will flip for!

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit Today’s Creative Life

These Bone Yard Pumpkin Dog Treats from Today’s Creative Life are an easy homemade dog biscuit recipe your dog will love!

DIY halloween dog treats

Photo Credit Dogvills

These fun homemade Halloween dog treats from Dogvills are shaped and decorated to look like vibrant spiders! They’re so much fun to make! They do have sugar in the icing, so you don’t want to go crazy with giving them out.

DIY Halloween Dog Treats

Photo Credit Beagles and Bargains

These Skull and Crossbones Halloween Frozen Dog Treats from Beagles and Bargains are made with blueberries (known to aid in cardiovascular health, lower cholesterol and sugar levels, and may even have anti-cancer properties in dogs) and kale (which is a great low calorie dog friendly veggie option that is high in beta carotene, vitamin K, and vitamin C).

DIY Halloween Dog treats

Photo Credit Dalmatian DIY

These easy to make Pumpkin Halloween Dog Treats from Dalmatian DIY have only four ingredients.

DIY Halloween Dog Treats

Photo Credit Golden Daily Scoop

Golden Daily Scoop created these cool Frozen Blueberry Skull Dog Treats you whip up in a blender and freeze for about 30 mins.

DIY Halloween Dog Treats

Pin this post for later!

Your pets want to celebrate Halloween too, so try out some of these awesome Halloween dog treats you can make for your fur baby and their friends via @jeanabeena
Jeana Shandraw

Jeana Shandraw

Rarely caught without a camera, Jeana is an adventurous traveler with a passion for people, cultures and food that has led her to 38 countries in 5 years. When she's not using her powers for social good, she enjoys photography, cooking and building LEGOs with her son. On occasion, you may also find her crocheting cute things to hide in her husband's underwear drawer.

16 Awesome Halloween Costumes for Pets Plus a Few DIY Treats Too

31 Ridiculously Awesome Halloween Treats Anyone Can Make

1. Kiwi
    October 12, 2017 at 2:18 pm — Reply

This is fun for doggies. They deserve to celebrate the holiday!

2. Dogvills
    October 12, 2017 at 5:54 am — Reply

Those dog Halloween costumes are so cute. I am wondering if my dog would let me dress him up for the occasion. He would love those treats though. I will get some for him.

3. October 12, 2017 at 3:03 am — Reply

The fur babies deserve treats on Halloween too! I think these are all very lovely and I’m sure they’ll enjoy eating these!

4. October 12, 2017 at 2:51 am — Reply

That’s pretty awesome! Thanks for the list of recipes! I would love to prepare these treats for Riley this Halloween! I’m sure he’s going to love them.

5. Annemarie LeBlanc
    October 12, 2017 at 1:37 am — Reply

These dog treats all look great. My only wish is for my dog to try treats! He is all about his regular meals and would not even look at the bag of treats we get him. I will share this post with my sister. Her dog would love these.

6. Crystal
    October 12, 2017 at 12:27 am — Reply

My goodness, those are so cute! I love Halloween, and want to make treats for everyone in the whole family. Our pups will adore those fun DIY goodies.

7. October 11, 2017 at 11:11 pm — Reply

As much as I have loved all my past furbabies, I have never made any of their treats myself. Odd really, I’m not sure why that is, mostly time I guess, I guess I will have to just spoil the heck out of my next one! :-)

8. Rosey
    October 11, 2017 at 11:10 pm — Reply

This is really so cool to have so many options all in one place. I think those blueberry skulls are definitely my favorite. :)

9. adriana
    October 11, 2017 at 10:37 pm — Reply

These are seriously the cutest things ever! I swear, I cannot wait until I get a puppy so I can make some of these haha! They are all adorable, such a fun time of year even for the pets!

10. October 11, 2017 at 9:01 pm — Reply

That is one lucky dog who gets any of these homemade treats! These are so creative and pretty!

11. October 11, 2017 at 8:38 pm — Reply

Those skull and crossbone treats are so stinking cute! I’ve been thinking about making my dog home made treats. He’s getting older and pickier and I’ve noticed that he’s having some sensitivity to some things that didn’t used to bother him. I think the blueberry and kale treats would be ones he would woof down. :)

12. October 11, 2017 at 7:52 pm — Reply

I’ve made homemade treats twice. The pooches loved them! I’ll have to try some of these for them.

13. October 11, 2017 at 6:51 pm — Reply

How cute are these treats! I bet my kids would be jealous of the dogs for getting such fun snacks!

14. October 11, 2017 at 4:03 pm — Reply

These are really awesome dog treat ideas, I Love that you shared these. I will have to try to make up some Halloween dog treats! Thanks for the idea :)

15. Pam
    October 11, 2017 at 3:29 pm — Reply

My dogs would love all of these treats. They are a sucker for a good treat.

16. Shell
    October 11, 2017 at 2:39 pm — Reply

Animals in costume crack me up! I have a cat and he hates any sort of costume. I’ll have to pass along these dog treat ideas to my brother since he often makes treats for his dog.

17. Monica
    October 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm — Reply

These are beyond adorable! What a special way to celebrate your pup!

18. robin rue
    October 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm — Reply

You have so many great doggie treats here. I might have to make some of these :)