Check out these adorable pumpkin carving stencils from Parenting.com!! I’ll be honest, I can not carve a pumpkin for anything. It always seems to be that I cut along the wrong spot and the next thing I know I have a gaping hole where the eyes and nose should have been. Parenting.com offers a solution for people like me, stencils :)
These are all really easy designs and perfect for younger children to do.
- Witch on a broomstick
- Ghost in a window
- RIP Tombstone
- Silly Cat
- Moon and Stars
- Witch Hat
- Spooky Jack-O-Lantern Face (shown above)
- Bird on a Branch
- Hissing Cat on a Fence
- Nice Jack-O-Lantern Face
- Crazy Eyes Jaco-O-Lantern Face
- Goofy Jack-O-Lantern Face
- Up to No Good Jack-O-Lantern Face
- Silly Jack-O-Lantern Face
- Cat Eyes
You will simply need : push pins, a carving knife, tape and one of these free printable pumpkin carving templates.
- Using a carving knife, cut a circle around the stem end of the pumpkin. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and fibers from the pumpkin’s center.
- Print this Cat Pumpkin Carving Template out. (PDF Format).
- Tape the stencil to your pumpkin.
- Using a push pin, make a dotted outline of the stencil pattern on your pumpkin.
- Peel the paper stencil off.
- Following the dotted lines you’ve made, carve your design into the pumpkin.